SCAD(Social Change and Development), which was founded by him in 1985, is a social work organization with human face serving the underprivileged and downtrodden in Southern Tamil Nadu. dedicated to usher dignity into the lives of the poor, marginalized and underprivileged sections of the society such as, Gypsies, salt pan workers, snake charmers, Leprosy patients, landless agricultural workers, the physically and mentally challenged, rural women, the aged and children.
The major social services through SCAD are as follows:
- Working with the most neglected people in 600 villages in the districts of Tirunelveli and Tuticorin benefiting more than 6 lakh people.
- Transferring technology and innovations in the field of agriculture to farmers through Krishi Vigyan Kendra.
- 240 Gypsy families have been given multi-faceted supports like housing, medical care, education and old age assistance.
- Organizes regular Medical Camps in its adopted villages.
- Conducted more than 500 Medical Camps in the target villages. Mobile Medical Camps are organized frequently by SCAD and medicines are supplied to 20,000 people per year.
- Care and Rehabilitation is provided to the physically disabled people in SCAD’s adopted Villages.
- Offers therapeutic treatment and rehabilitation in the door steps of the Physically Challenged person through Mobile Camps.
- Provides Regular Health education whereby 25,000 women are being empowered through multifarious development trainings and entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Promoted 500 Women Sangams (Self Help Group) later federated as Panchayat and Block level federations, which fight for the rights and privileges of oppressed women.
- Support to children of life convicts since 2008.
- Giving provisions for Micro-financing for the village people.